Has an inquisitive child ever stumped you with a question such as, “Who created God?” “What is Heaven like?” or “Why did God create the world? Was he lonely?” These questions have actually been pondered by great thinkers such as St. Thomas Aquinas, who, guided by faith, based his answers on solid principles. Who Created God? A Teacher’s Guidebook for Answering Children’s Tough Questions about God connects common children’s religious questions with probable answers based on the teachings of St. Thomas Aquinas. It makes the issues accessible to the adult layperson and provides lesson plans and activities for adults to convey them to children and young people. Adult readers and child-listeners alike will be intrigued! And both will come away with an appreciation that our faith is indeed reasonable and understandable.
Who Should Read Who Created God?
It is for catechists, religion teachers, homeschool teachers, and parents of 4th-9th grade students, and anyone who still has the gift of wonder and just wants to know!
Click here for Kindle version.
- Based on questions from real faith formation children on fundamental topics about God
- Follows the flow and spirit of St. Thomas' Summa Theologica and likewise grounded in Scripture
- Reviewed by catechists, school educators, and theologians
- Imprimatur and Nihil Obstat obtained to ensure doctrinal integrity
- Each question addressed by way of an intuitive structure designed for busy catechists:
- "Background for the Catechist" presents the issue in terms for the adult layperson
- "Reflection for the Catechist" offers review questions to help the catechist understand and apply the teachings
- "Presentation Ideas" offers lesson planning
- "Review for the Students" provides assessment
- "Prayer Service" or "Meditation" connects the lesson to the life of prayer for the students
- Charming illustrations make the issues come alive
- Several student worksheets are provided
- Helpful Glossary of terms with keywords in boldface throughout the text
- Easy to find what you're looking for
- Detailed Table of Contents to help the catechist quickly flip to the desired page
- Questions / Chapters marked at the top of the pages
- Provides the fruit of years of research, study, teaching, writing, and editing
Special Features of the Kindle Version
- The text and illustrations are beautifully formatted for enjoyable reading on all devices
- Easy navigation
- Clickable two-level Table of Contents, easily accessible from all parts of the book
- Keywords in the text linked to the Glossary
- References within the book linked
- Can be read on nearly any device by downloading the free Kindle app from Amazon
Table of Contents
Foreword by Adam Janke, MA (Program Director, St. Paul Street Evangelization)
Question 1: Does God Really Exist?
Question 2: Why Did God Create the World? Was He Lonely?
Question 3: Who Created God?
Question 4: What Does God Look Like?
Question 5: How Big Is God and Where Is He?
Question 6: How Does God Rule Creation?
Question 7: If God Created Everything, Did God Create Evil?
Question 8: What Is Heaven Like?
Question 9: Aren’t Humans Just Monkeys with Bigger Brains?
Question 10: Did Jesus Create the World?
Question 11: If Something Is Wrong in one Culture, Could It Be Right in Another Culture?
Appendix: The Life and Teachings of St. Thomas Aquinas
About the Author
"Thought provoking for adults with easy to understand concepts that provide you with basic Catholic truths you can relay to children and adults alike." (from Barbara O. on Amazon)
Michael J. Ruszala is an experienced and certified parish catechetical leader. He holds an M.A. in Theology & Christian Ministry and a B.A. in Philosophy and Theology from Franciscan University of Steubenville. The author of several religious books, Michael also serves as an adjunct university lecturer in religious studies. For more information, please visit www.michaeljruszala.com .
How to Purchase
Now available on Amazon in Kindle for $7.99 and in softcover for $13.99 (USA) plus shipping. Click here for a link for Kindle, and click here for softcover from Amazon. Or to purchase a signed copy directly from the author, for $13.99 and free shipping within USA, see below.
Attention parishes, schools, and organization leaders: Inquire below about group discounts starting at just 5 copies.
Canada | Mexico | UK | Italy | Spain | France | Germany | Netherlands | Australia | India | Japan | Brazil
Other countries / further questions: Inquire below about shipping costs for direct purchase.